Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hiccup and Daffodil

     Daffodil is a sweetheart indeed. We have finally figured out what is wrong with her and causing her bloating.  She has intussusception which is where the intestine folds back on itself.  She will be having surgery very soon.
     Hiccup is such a wonderful little boy.  He has changed so much.  I couldn't put a post and pictures up last Friday as I didn't have a computer.  It went to be fixed last week Monday and after a week it was decided that I had to buy a new computer. It is a painful process for me to set up a new computer.  I don't have a smart phone nor a lap top so I have been cut off from the email/internet world for 8 days.  Back to Hiccup--he has grown a lot.  He was 510 g yesterday. He now walks quite well on his legs and has started using the litter box.  He wanders through the house as he explores his larger world. He drinks a lot of formula which shows in his growth.  Someone is already interested in him so he will be a lucky boy as soon as he is available for his forever home.
     I think occasionally that I have seen it all in the kitten world. No, there are still new things to explore.  Sunday morning around 3:30 I woke up.  When I went to the bathroom I saw Hiccup's heat lamp was off.  I was giving myself heck for not having a spare bulb. His cage was cold so I went to warm up his split pea bag in the microwave. I discovered the power was off. So I took Hiccup to bed with me so he could have my body heat. He was a very, very wiggly baby.  He was scratching my face with his little claws.  I held down the top of the comforter so he would get toasty warm and settle down to sleep.  Not to be.  He crawled down to my feet so I retrieved him.  Then he was on the pillow by the edge of the bed.  I retrieved him. I went to get a fuzzy blanket like he has in his cage so it would be familiar and he could settle down. Not to be. He peed on the little blanket so I was glad I had brought it to bed. So after a sleepless hour and a half I put him back in his bed and said I was sorry but what could I do.  In the morning (well later that morning) the power was still off so I wrapped him up in one of my big blankets after I fed him to get him warmed up. He promptly fell asleep.  Really Hiccup, really?  The power came on an hour later so all became right in our world though I was tired all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment