Saturday, June 27, 2015

17 Hours

     Fresca and I had 17 hours together.  I got Fresca yesterday late afternoon.  He was a fluffy beautiful orange boy.  He had a hard short life but his last 17 hours were filled with love.  He was 3 or 4 weeks old and incredibly thin.  The vet said not to hold out hope.  But I have had miracles before and I was determined to have another miracle.  I held him all Friday evening.  I had him outside for quite a while hoping the magic effects of sunshine would help him get better.  I dropper fed him so very slowly over the whole evening.  He purred for me so I knew he knew he was loved.  I rubbed him and told him how very special he was and how lucky I was to be his mom.  I checked on him during the night and he was holding his own.  Still okay in the morning so out we went for more loving in the sunshine.  He even got to take a few steps on the patio.  I had hope as every hour gave me more hope.  Then around 9 am he took a turn for the worse and soon after he died.  I so cherish the 17 hours we had together and my heart aches incredibly for the sweet little boy who put his paw on my shoulder and purred this morning when we were out in the morning sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment